Dental retainer cleaning with hydrogen peroxide: simple and practical
Dental retainer cleaning dental using hydrogen peroxide is really easy. If you want to try out this process, it is super easy. You can try it out, and then decide whether to do it this way again..... just an experiment! Consider yourself an explorer or a scientist, if it feels fun......
Food Grade 12% Hydrogen Peroxide
- You'll need a container of some kind - a bowl, or plastic box - big enough for the retainer and then some.
- Put the retainer in and cover it with 3% hydrogen peroxide. Use enough hydrogen peroxide to completely cover
the retainer. You'll want to do this at a time when you normally don't
wear the retainer, such as while you are asleep. It's best to leave it
in the solution for at least half an hour to an hour, and longer is
- When you are ready to use the retainer again, just rinse it off with water.
- Throw away the hydrogen peroxide solution, or dilute it and feed it to your plants. (See the gardening section of this site, or see this page for dilution charts for feeding your plants.) Some of oxidation potential of the hydrogen peroxide will have been used up by sanitizing your retainer, so it is not as strong as it was initially, but probably still has some power left in it.
Cleaning dental retainers using hydrogen peroxide is easy, and it kills germs.
This is such an easy process...... are you game to give it a try?
If you try this out, of course you will want to notice whether your retainer is cleaner after using peroxide. Check and see. Does your retainer seem the same? or better? or worse? This is the real deal - do you notice a difference?
- Does it feel cleaner? Look cleaner? Smell cleaner?
- Do you notice less of a smell or taste of chemicals when you use hydrogen peroxide instead of whatever cleaner you've been using?
Cleaning up with hydrogen peroxide
What else can you use this idea for? How about:
- skin brushes
- bathtub tools
- dish washing brushes
- compost pails
- bed pans
- diaper pails
- enema parts
Return from retainer cleaning to home uses for hydrogen peroxide for disinfection.....